Welcome to Nevada Volunteer Fire Department

The Nevada Volunteer Fire Department currently operates (2) fire stations, serving both the  City of Nevada (St.1) and the City of Lavon (St. 2) as well as a large section of rural Collin County.  Our unincorporated area spans an overall distance of 33 square miles, just East of Lake Lavon.  We provide Fire/EMS and rescue services to around 7000 people within our fire district.

 

The Nevada Volunteer Fire department was created in 1975, and has since become a  tax-exempt 

nonprofit 501(c)3 with 95% of their funding coming from tax based entity’s including Collin County, the City of Nevada and the City of Lavon. The remaining 5% comes from the community through fundraising events and private donations.  All of our members volunteer their time and efforts in order to keep our neighbors safe.   The department pays for all training, uniforms, equipment and other daily needs.

 

Both of our fire stations house a pumper truck, squad truck and brush truck.  We also have in our fleet a tanker/tender, Command vehicle and one rehab vehicle.  See our fleet here.  Department Info/Apparatus

 

Currently, the membership roster contains 20 Firefighters, EMT’s, Paramedics and First Responders, each dedicated to providing the best service possible free of charge to our citizens.  Each member spends over 100 hours in training each year and a great deal of time away from their family serving the community.

 

We are always looking for new members!  We are currently in need of EMS/Nurses/Medics or others in the heath care field that are willing to give a few hours a month to serve.   Come see us and sign up!  

 

For those who just want to help the fire department and have some fun, check out our Support Services 

group!  Or for our younger folks, we now have a Fire Explorer program that works in cooperation with 

Community ISD to help educate teens interested in a career in either the fire service or EMS fields.

Our Latest News:  Congradulations to all our great members who were nominated for awards this year!!

Your 2014 Volunteer of the Year is:  Chuck Pulvino

Your 2014 Rookie of the Year is:  Eddy Stough

Your 2014 Firefigher of the Year is:  Jon Scott

 

 

>>

Run Statistics YTD

Calls
(as of )
Fire =
EMS / Medical =
MVA =
Public Service =
Total calls =

 


Previous Years    
              2013:      537

            2012:      573
            2011:      548
            2010:      452
            2009:      426

Contact US

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 306
Nevada, TX. 75173

For Non-Emergencies:
877-801-NVFD


Nevada Fire Station
110 W. FM 6
Nevada, TX. 75173

Lavon Fire Station
501 A. Lincoln St.
Lavon, TX. 75166


Email us

 

Public Information Officer

Amy Cortez

Email: 

Amy.Cortez@Nevadavfd.org

 

Membership Inquiries

Chuck Pulvino

Email: Chuck.Pulvino@Nevadavfd.org

 

View our Events

Meetings

Regular Business Meetings
held the 1st Monday of each Month at the Lavon City Hall Fire Training Room at 7 pm.

Training Meetings held the1st & 3rd Mondays of each Month at the Lavon City Hall Fire Training Room at 7:30 pm

Shift Calendar

 

District Maps

Print Print | Sitemap
© Nevada Volunteer Fire Department